10 June 2014

Pictures from the weekend


 This weekend gets an A+. It felt like we got a lot of family time in even though we only really have 1 full day with each other. Nick is working Saturday afternoons (BOO!) at the moment so we only get to see him in the morning for a few and then before bedtime. We ended up going out to dinner and our little boy was an angel! I can only imagine how hard it is for him to sit still while we eat dinner out, but he did it like a champ. He made some friends with the table behind us and these two 4yr old twins kept him busy so that Nick and I could actually eat and not stuff our faces in a hurry. Made me verrrry excited for his sibling. Everyone keeps telling me how nice it is for them to have a buddy to play with and how nice it is for the parents as well.

He was covered in strawberry juice and dirt after. It was adorable.
Strawberry + Rhubarb deliciousness
Sunday morning we woke up and went strawberry picking! It was so much fun. I love that we live the city life, but that we can head 15 mins out of town and be in the country, surrounded by farms. After an amazing lunch at the farm we picked at, we hauled our 6lbs of berries home and I of course had to bake a strawberry rhubarb pie. It was so damn delicious. I was so sad for the weekend to end. Nothing makes me happier than when my little family is out and about together. We miss Nick like crazy during the week. But this week/weekend is looking just as great...baby #2 appointment with my midwife which is always something to look forward to :)


No comments :

Post a Comment