26 December 2013

Christmas with the Bushong's

Christmas has come and gone in what feels like a second. I can't believe it's going to be 2014! Mind. Blown. Our Christmas was so laid back and uneventful, just how I wanted it. This was actually the very first time Nick and I spent Christmas in our own house. With his parents being divorced, it was always a 3-ring circus driving from one place to another on Christmas day. This year, we really wanted to spend it just us and it was perfect. On Christmas Eve I made a huge dinner and my sister invited over a friend who was a little christmas orphan (a term used to describe those of us adults whose families live far away). It was delicious! My mom had us shipped a ham from Dearborn Sausage Co. in Michigan and it was pretty spectacular. On Christmas morning my dear little boy experienced his first Christmas and shoved lots of wrapping paper in his mouth :) I'm looking forward to the years to come when he gets really excited, but I also want to make sure that he knows Christmas is not all about receiving. We are not religious over here in my household, but I am a person of deep conviction when it comes to those less fortunate. Many people go with a fraction of what I have. So since Silas got some new toys to play with, I'll be donating quite a few from his basket to make room. I definitely plan on making this an annual thing. Here are a few snapshots of our Christmas! xo

I just discovered this French toy brand "Janod". Gorgeous and inexpensive!

The Janod toy blocks are the most gorgeous colors!


This is was Christmas does to parents....




Hope you all had a great Holiday! Cheers! xo

No comments :

Post a Comment