28 January 2014

Family photo day...and other happenings

Today we had our family pictures taken and I am so frickin' excited to see them. My lovely gal pal Christy is so amazingly talented at photography. She's taken my maternity and Silas's newborn photo's so of course we had her take some family pictures this time around. Silas is at such a cute stage right now; standing on his own, crawling like a maniac...and his smile just makes me melt. I know that we will have some pictures done for his 1yr, but I just had to get this stage captured as well. I love getting pictures taken by Christy for two reasons; she is extremely talented, but also I have known her forever so it's pretty much a day where we hang out and chat and she shoots away in between our convos. Such an organic way to go about it. I am not one for staged pictures with us all wearing coordinating outfits (nothing wrong with that though!). I love them to feel homey, warm, and very natural. I have gotten that every time with Christy and I am so thankful that I have a friend who has been able to capture these special moments for my family. I can't wait to get these ones back to show you! Here is a sneak peek and some random photos from over the weekend! :)

I love this.
(photo credit: Christy Cassano-Meyer)
Christy and Silas just chillin'.

It's ridiculous that I am putting this picture in, but I just experienced a "dirty chai" for the first time and I think I am in love.
Nick's brother came into town this week; Uncle Ben!
The sunshine in my bedroom at this spot is pretty legit in the afternoon. My favorite spot to write and relax.
Master of destruction in the Bushong household.
We are trying to utilize a "floor bed" in order to help with night weaning...it hasn't been used yet. Yikes.


2 comments :

  1. Oh.. such sweet pics. He's so handsome. And walking too! So great! Thanks for sharing these great pics!

    ReplyDelete