26 January 2014

Let's get crazy and make some veggie tacos



I am not a vegan. Or a vegetarian. But back when I first started breastfeeding we came to the realization that Silas had a serious intolerance to dairy and soy which he was getting through my breast milk. So for awhile there I went vegan. And I loved it. My skin looked amazing, I lost all of the baby weight instantly, and I felt so so good. I am getting ready to hop back on that vegan train. Here is an extremely easy lunch/dinner idea that can be whipped up in no time. Change out the ingredients to correlate with the season if you so desire.

Veggie Tacos

ingredients:
Brussels sprouts
bell pepper
green onion
black beans (1/2 can)
sweet potato
avocado
cilantro
Pepita's
radishes
corn tortilla's

Directions:
I like to saute all of my veggies separate and then mix them together. So keep a big bowl to the side and when you're done with one just throw it in. Dice up the sweet potato, cut the bell pepper in thin strips, slice the brussels sprouts into fourths (1/2 and then 1/2 again), drain and rinse the black beans. Saute your potato, sprouts, and bell pepper with a little bit of cumin and some sea salt. Toss in your big bowl with 1/2 can of your cleaned black beans and some green onion. pile onto your corn tortilla. add sliced avocado, cilantro, Pepita's, and some radish slices. Serve with a slice of lime, or don't. It's really up to you.


Seriously. That is how easy it is. They are easy and delicious...and that's all you can really ask for in life I'd say. So, get crazy and make some veggie tacos. Happy eating! xo

2 comments :

  1. These look fantastic! Although I'm not too sure with the brussel sprouts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to not overcooking them and getting them nice and crunchy on the outside with a really hot pan and some olive oil! I swear, you will love them :)

      Delete