09 February 2014

The frozen mess that is Portland


Soooo my husband hasn't been to work in two days. Snow day and then freezing rain on top of that. It has been so much fun having him home (but the place is a mess! I don't get any cleaning done with him around). The city has completely shut down so we had to get creative with our venturing out the other day. Silas was placed in our hiking backpack and we packed on our snowboarding gear and out we went to go gather our supplies for the night. It was so awesome to see cross country skies lined up outside of the bars. When a city that isn't used to snow gets a ton of it, it is a treat.

He has been loving our snowy walks around the neighborhood.
Oh, man. I want to eat him up. He has been parked at this window the last few days watching it snow.
First time "sledding". We pulled him around the block in a laundry basket.
Off to get supplies! Thank god for our hiking backpack!
Food pic for good measure. Totally digging this clementine, kale, shredded beet, and pepitas salad from our grocery store.
On a separate note, Silas and I are headed to Michigan! This trip has been in the making since August when we were originally supposed to go. I am terrified to fly with a 10 month old, as I think we all get annoyed when we are stuck with a crying baby on a plane. Our flight is broken up into two separate flights with a 45 min. layover in between. I did it this way in the hopes that I could hop off, change a diaper, get us cleaned up, and hop back on. I also found a flight that works with nap time so we *hopefully* have that going for us. Thinking of bringing ear plugs for my fellow passengers just in case though. Silas is just so sensitive to strangers. Keeping my fingers crossed though for a smooth flight! And I seriously cannot wait to snuggle my mama and hang with my brothers. I am really sad that the hubby isn't going to be able to come though :/ we are going to miss him so much. I told him to try and enjoy his 12 days of sleeping in and diaper duty freedom. Anyways, we have Silas's 9 month (even though he's almost 10 months) check-up this week and I can't wait to see where he is at weight and height wise! We are also waiting to hear back on whether or not the offer we submitted for this house is accepted. It's driving us crazy not knowing whether or not we can go ahead with this purchase. The planning has already begun on what we would do to the inside (we need to gut the kitchen and bathroom) and it's just making us so excited!

Can't wait to update you on all this goodness! xo

ps. we get our family pictures back this week!

No comments :

Post a Comment