07 February 2014

That one time it snowed in Portland.

Rain boots. Whatever works, right?
Ohhhhh, Portland. As a Michigan girl, I am used to massive amounts of snow every winter. I lived across the street from my high school and would wear flip flops to school in the winter. I know, I know. It sounds like I'm one of those grumpy old men, "I walked 3 miles to school in blizzards!". But, really...I did. Here in Portland that sh*t don't fly. I'm pretty sure our city does not own a plow and you are not allowed to salt the roads.

Pancakes on a snowday seemed appropriate.
Yesterday, watching the snow fall. Obviously not amused.
Morning reading time. This picture is now a part of my top 10 favorite photos.
So here we are in a winter wonderland and the city is shutdown. By the way, I think we only got maybe 5 inches. It's supposed to snow more tonight and to be honest I am really loving it. It's so bright and white out. There is no one out, so on my walk to the little mart up the street this morning (I neeeeeded cream for my coffee!) I walked in the middle of the road, enjoying how peaceful it was. Let's hear it for snow days (and hopefully my hubby getting out of work early)! xo

2 comments :

  1. We got around the same amount, although they put salt down, and canceled school. I'm from Ohio, and we get heaps amount of snow so I'm not use to this yet. I was waiting for the downpour lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's supposed to snow more today! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete