19 March 2014

I love my city


Portland...is amazing. The other day Nick and I were driving, and there is this one piece of the highway that juts out right on the east side of the waterfront and the view gets me every time. I especially love it at night when the city lights shine, but this day time pass had me. The pink cherry blossoms were bloomed on the west side waterfront and the sky was blue. I looked at Nick and made sure he caught a view of our city.

I've left and come back to Portland twice now. While I might mention a handful of times throughout the year that I would love to try out somewhere new (ahem, Brooklyn), I can't help but feel that that idea might just not make the cut and that Portland is where it's at.



Yesterday was yet another day that brought out that love for my city kinda feelings. Blue skies and a new spot on our agenda to try out. Our current neighborhood is really expanding and along with it are a ton of new places to eat. Enter: Lardo. I've seen this place in two other locations throughout the city and they just put one in down the block form us. It was amazing. And our long walk on that gorgeous day was just as great. Highly recommended, people.



Obligatory -I'm drinking a cocktail and must pretend I'm not getting my photo taken- picture(s)
Number holder which doubled as a toy while we scarfed down our goodness.

Portland, I love you.

p.s. next time I plan on getting the meatball bahn mi and the pork belly gyro. just in case you were wondering.

1 comment :

  1. That tree is beautiful! Lovely pictures dear! xx

    Check out my latest blog post? :D
    Darianne // She wrote day!

    ReplyDelete