18 March 2014

Time flies



I was overcome with this crazy feeling the other day. The feeling that time was flying and there was just no way to stop it. I think it started with a little birthday party we went to for my girlfriends little babe who was turning the big 1 year. I looked at Silas and thought HOLY crap. You are about to be 1 in a month. And then I couldn't help but think of the day he was born and how insane it is that it has almost been a year. And then later that day I looked at my hubby and thought about the days when we first started dating almost 5 frickin' years ago. 5 years! Mind blown. Also, I moved to Portland coming up on 7 years. And thus was the start of my freak out about how life is just passing by so quickly. How I'm almost 27 and I have a 1 year old. How I've almost been married 2 years and we've been together for 5. It's just really humbling to look at these numbers. And really, I'm proud of them. I'm so proud of the years spent with my man and I am so proud that I have a thriving 1 year old. Obviously, I am shooting for some higher numbers, but where we have made it to is awesome.

*and now for some cuteness, somewhat unrelated to this post.



No comments :

Post a Comment