23 April 2014

I'm happy.


I feel like I've found my rythm as a mama. Finally. It only took a year. I do very well with routine...so it just felt so awkward for me to not have a plan for my day to day. With a newborn it's just so unpredictable and new that I feel like you're scared 80% of the time to even move. So you just kind of sit and wait it out for a bit. It took me awhile to get comfortable leaving the house, loading Silas in the car, and just going about my day like a normal human. Here I am though. Living like a normal human. haha. To most, my day probably seems mundane or maybe even ridiculously boring. But I have found that I really enjoy being a stay at home mama. Like, really enjoy it. And part of me feels guilty admitting that. Our society doesn't really see that as the norm anymore so when I say it out loud I feel a little judged. People automatically assume that I'm lacking fufillment or something for myself. But all of this; my baby, the household day to day stuff...it is fufilling to me. Just like some people get enjoyment out of crunching numbers at a desk all day, I get enjoyment out of cleaning my floors with murphy's oil soap (seriously, love that stuff.) and cooking dinner for my family. To each their own I say! Anyways, I'm feeling good right now about how I've somewhat got my shit together. Of course, I'm sure next month or maybe even next week could be a different story. And of course there are things that I would like to accomplish for my own personal self at some point, but I really don't feel a rush at the moment. I like enjoying my baby all day everyday and I like the spot I'm in. And I'm more than sure that I'll get to the point where I spread my wings a bit, but not now. This place just feels too good to leave.
He helps me clean. I swear.

This is my arm workout.

I love my little buddy.

Here's to loving your life and enjoying right where you are. XO

1 comment :

  1. How cute is he! My nephew loves to clean as well! He loves the vacuum. xx

    -Darianne | She Wrote Today

    ReplyDelete