22 April 2014

What's for dinner?

I get a kick out of creating healthy and delicious meals for my family. Those who know me know that one of my favorite things to do is to cook. It really is such a calming place for me; the kitchen. I am a slight control freak in that department so I prefer to go it alone. The last month or so has been pretty hectic at our house and so I've made it my mission to really establish a dinner routine to make things feel a little more at ease around here. It's nice to wind down, sip a glass of wine, and prepare a meal for me and my husband. Here is a look at what I've been cooking lately...

Coconut rice, roasted veggies, yogurt/tumeric marinated chicken, cilantro + green onion

Brown rice, curried avocado, roasted veggies, yogurt/siracha marinated chicken, cilantro + green onion

Spaghetti squash "lasagna" with bolognese and bechemel.

Vegetarian chili with quinoa, avocado, cheddar cheese, greek yogurt, cilantro + green onion.


Some people may look at this and say, "that's not healthy eating." But, to me it is. Balance is key if you want to stay on track. The majority of my ingredients are organic (local if possible) and everything I make is homemade. No processed food in my house. I find that keeping my -pantry- as small as possible makes this easy. I have to make everything from scratch if I want it, which is fine by me. This past weeks meals were a little heavier on the dairy than I like, but I'll mentally note that and possibly avoid dairy completely the following week. This is how I like to eat; fresh, balanced, organic. Looking forward to doing a posts (and more posts in general) about how I prep, shop, and some mainstays that are always on hand.

Hopefully this gives you a few meal ideas!
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment