15 July 2014

Don't Rush




"I can't wait until ____". I am notorious for making this statement time and time again. I'm always thinking ahead, to the next memory we are going to create or adventure we are going to embark on. And then I sit back and remind myself to really savor the now. Because this isn't going to happen again. Enjoy the moment. With that said, I am already looking forward to next summer, ha! Seriously though, it will be my first summer in 3 years where I am not pregnant or have just had a baby. I plan on kicking my 28 (I'll be 28...oh LORD) year old body into killer shape, enjoying yummy cocktails, and going on lots of bike rides with my 2 yr old (gasp.) and 6 month old (yikes). I just try and conjure up moments that will be had in my head and I am liking what I am seeing. Could things look really different than I am imaging them to be? Possibly. But I sure as hell am putting good vibes out there for this next year. At this moment though, I am really soaking up the days with my baby boy. Watching him learn and explore the outdoors this summer has just been the best. We went to a splash pad the other day and there he was, running around with the big kids. I felt like I had a really intense "mom" moment. It was sweet and sad at the same time. Time goes by fast. It's cliche, but it's true that they grow up so fast. So while my mind tends to drift off and daydream about life with two babies, every time I look at Silas I'm reminded to be present in the moment and enjoy the time I have with just my one and only.

2 comments :

  1. hi there! you live in portland, yes? can i ask what beach you're at in that second photo? i'm always looking for good beaches around here!
    also, i just came across your blog last week when I was looking for a newborn photographer - and saw your photos on christy's website. congrats on your second little one. your family is pretty dang cute :)

    thatsmeinthemiddle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawnna! I do live in Portland :) The beach in that photo is Short Sands, near cannon beach. It's my absolute favorite spot! Thank you for the congratulations, I hope you choose Christy! She is one of my dearest friends and just so good at what she does. XO

      Delete