19 August 2014

Summer time

The heat this summer has been unbearable. If I was 23 and had an endless amount of time to spend at the river I'd be overjoyed with the 20 straight days of 90+ degree weather. Well, that's just not the case. I have a rambunctious 16 month old who needs to get outside and that type of heat just doesn't do us any good. The majority of our days have been spent indoors this summer and that is such a bummer. If we want to get out it has to be early morning or late evening. There has been a lot of reading, block building, kicking a ball around in the house, and it's wearing on my pregnant soul. I am really looking forward to fall and being able to get outside a bit more. We were pretty lucky to have it cool down some this week though and made it out to the splash pad at the park nearby. Silas is obsessed and it's just the silliest thing to watch him run around with other kids. I am looking forward to him going to preschool next year and getting to do that regularly. Here are a few pictures from our day!






No comments :

Post a Comment