20 September 2014

Baby boosh // 22 weeks


              
22weeks & 2 days. His name is Felix Ames (pronounced AIMS or for all my furniture nerds out there...EAMES) Bushong. He likes to karate chop my bladder and sleep on my stomach. He seems like a pretty chill dude ;)

Wow. This is starting to fly by! The nesting instinct has started to kick in, which is really hard to deal with when you have a 17month old running around. I've been continuing yoga and seriously, I feel so much better this pregnancy being active. It's really become one of my favorite days of the week; when I get to go to class. I'm hoping it leads to a really smooth labor! 

So, home birth. We have decided it's a go! I am nervous, but also kind of relieved to not have to figure out what to do with Silas while we go to the hospital. Leaving him was giving me anxiety because I know how much he loves his mama and papa. He just has a hard time being away from us...and if it happened at night and he woke up to us not being there I would feel awful. My midwife Lara was so excited for me when I brought up the idea of giving birth at home. She assured me I was an ideal candidate for it and shared her own experience. I will happily go to sleep in my bed over a hospital bed this time :)

I can't wait to do a little tour of the boys room once I get it all together. We are in the middle of moving things around in our apartment and it's so crazy. Only 18+/- weeks to go!

How far along: 22weeks + 2 days
Total weight gain: 14 lbs
Maternity clothes: I am thinking of doing a personal challenge...how long can I go using a hair-tie to keep my pants closed.
Stretch marks: old ones are getting darker.
Sleep: I don't know what that is...
Best moment this week: deciding on our little boys name :)
Movement: He loves to do a little shake and then settles into a position. 
Food cravings: nothing. He's taken to pressing on my stomach which makes me feel full a lot. Not cool...
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope. Some random waves of nausea sometimes.
Gender: Boy
Belly button in or out: out
Wedding rings on or off: on
Mood of the week: tired. Always.
Looking forward to: meeting our midwives and talking about our home birth!


No comments :

Post a Comment