04 November 2013

Farmer's market and other shenanigan's

This weekend was kind of nice and kind of awful all rolled up into one little bite. Silas has been horrific at night. This kid never cries to wake up and yet, there I was at 4am with a crying baby. I am a zombie. On a good note though we went to the farmer's market that takes place on the Portland State campus. I used to live in the building literally right at its steps and I forgot how unreal it is. The produce was gorgeous and the flowers were to die for. We grabbed some goodies there and then met up with a friend of mine who is in town from Montana (Hi Heather :) for coffee at the Ace Hotel. Soooo relaxing...until...I realized I didn't grab house keys so we were locked out. Yup. Locked out of the house with a baby. My amazing hubby drove all the way home from work to let us in so it's not like we were going to die, but still. My sister constantly refers to my mishaps as "mom brain". She's right. Lack of sleep will make these kind of things happen on the regular people. Alrighty, here are some photo's from our lovely/not-so-lovely weekend!



I really couldn't get over these flowers. Such a welcoming sight in November!





It's mushroom hunting season around these parts and the chanterelle's are popping up everywhere.


My seester and the most amazing wheat berry salad with squash and tahini dressing. So YUM.





Me and my little bebe.



Portland is mighty fine in the Fall. Hope your weekend was fabulous and you managed to not lock yourself out of your house! :) xo

No comments :

Post a Comment