06 February 2014

Hi, we are crazy.

It's a weird feeling...that scared/excited/nervous/anxious feeling. It's overwhelming to say the least. We are getting closer to finding a home and I can't help but go over the decision a million times. At the moment we are in a great apartment...and yet here we are wanting to put an offer in on this fixer. Fixer. It is not move in ready by any means, so there is that. It needs so much work, most of which we are confident we can do ourselves. Such a scary thing though. I've always dreamed of renovating a home. Bringing a vision to life is thrilling in every sense. As a couple who just had a baby and is down to one income though it is such a terrifying and bold move. We have some stashed away funds and we feel like we could make this all happen on a pretty conservative budget, but I'm no idiot. I watch HGTV like it's my job. I know those hidden issues pop out of nowhere and that fear is holding me back. I'm sure we'll go for it though...and I am pretty confident that the sellers will accept our offer (they are seriously motivated, according to their agent). So it's becoming real, this whole homeowner path we are going down. Can't wait to update you on this whole mess! xo

*after we toured the home, I obviously came straight back to our house and jumped on pinterest. Here are some ideas that correlate with what we would be working with (this is all hypothetical. we have not yet purchased the house).

Honeycomb tile. I love you.
White walls are on the agenda.
Looking into counter top options (the whole kitchen needs to be gutted). You can make your own concrete counter tops. Are we ambitious or what? Maybe, or we are just cheap asses ;)
It has a fireplace! I'm loving the vintage mirror over top.
The bathroom is also a gut job. Loving this modern tub and vintage fixtures. Of course, subway tile is a must!


*All images via pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment