12 March 2014

DIY style

Tumeric dyed duvet cover
I've never been much of an artist. My sister, she is amazing. President of the art club, that girl was. My little brother is an artistic genius as well. While I'm no abstract painting genius, I like to think that my artistic gene's have made their presence known with my DIY projects. I like getting crafty, people. When it came time to move into our new apartment I wrote about how Nick and I got rid of everything (here). I decided to be super selective on what we hung up on the walls and displayed. Since we are living on one income so I can stay at home with the babe, I don't really have the luxury of snagging amazing items from places like urban outfitters or anthropologie (although, the sale stuff is gooooood sometimes).


No filter, this is the awesome color using tumeric. I feel if I soaked it longer it would have been more orange-y. Next time!

This piece of driftwood was free at a rebuilding center. Felt hearts were done completely out of boredom and they add a cheesy flair that I kind of love.

Silas's dream catcher.

These cute little cones were picked up on our trip to Ashland. What started as a holiday decoration has become permanent.

So, I craft. And in the end I usually love the result and the look it gives our space. Also, I find it therapeutic and doing these little projects usually gives me a few minutes of greatly needed alone time :) Happy crafting! xo

No comments :

Post a Comment